Reading George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four this week and I'm a little more incredulous when it comes to news stories than I used to be. Stories of our hiking boys who have been being held in Iran for the past two years but were able to return home today, and of executions and space debris- why even read it? It's exhilarating and makes us believe that there is more going on out there than happens in our every day life. It makes us believe that there is a high power here on earth that makes big things happen. It makes us believe that Big Brother is watching and that all is right within the party....
Just kidding. I'm actually rejoicing for Josh and Shane and their families. I am *so* happy that they are home. I hate the idea of space junk being added to the Great Pacific Garbage Belt. I think executions that have been put off for 22 years are stupid, and the reason that our nation is in debt, because if we weren't paying for health care for murderers we'd have insane amounts of free cash.
I also have a very sore throat and I'm going to bed now.
No comments:
Post a Comment