Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Blogging

I've not truly blogged in a very long while, and I don't even know if more than one or two people ever even check this site, but since it's here, I guess I may as well do an update on life.

This is where you need one of those stupid surveys with a bajillion random questions that nobody really cares to read, but if they did they'd know everything about you, from your deepest fears to whether you fold or roll you socks...But I don't have one with me at the moment, and I wouldn't want to bore you with laundry details, so I'll just try to fill in the major points of my life as of April 14th, 2009.

I was just going through my flair collection on facebook and noticing how wierdly defining those silly buttons are. I mean, c'mon. What kind of assortment is made up of giraffes, purple butterflies, scripture verses, song lyrics, piano keys, rainy days, emo cartoons and high heeled shoes? Yet somehow...that's me.

I know. I'm crazy.

But you know what else I know? I know that my Jesus loves me. My world turns upside down every other day, and I find my feet in mid air and my heart on the ground while my head is spinning through the clouds, but no matter how scattered or worried or confused I am, my Jesus loves me. I've got two brothers and my best friend getting married in the next 7 months and I'll be seeing so much less of them, and missing them soo much, but my Jesus will still be every bit us much here as He ever has been. I'm too busy to be fitting my transcription school into my life, so I'm missing every deadline I've ever set for myself, but my Jesus has other plans for my time, and other things for me to be doing, so it's okay.

So, main point of my life? Jesus is. He is forever. He is mine. He is beautiful.

Other, less important points include funny little details about bridal showers and wildflowers, glasses and counted cross-stitch, babies and nail polish, china bells and bits of shell, sunshine and satin dresses, dogs and hats and kittens that can't be found, chocolates and jelly beans, dull siscors and purple thread, Mozart and blinding love, redheads and starry skies...

And life goes on. Bits of beauty in everything, Christ's love everywhere, love and music, friends and faith at every turn. Life is wonderful. God is good. I'm overflowing with the joy of His salvation today, and I want every person who reads this to know that I am His and He is mine. Tomorrow, if I start moping, send me back to this. Remind me that my life is so full of His blessing that I have no reason to be less then delightedly grateful. <3

God bless you and keep you. He loves you.
-Joanna Renae



and seasons are changing
and waves are crashing
and stars are falling ..

... all for us

No comments: