Monday, January 7, 2008

Worship Is:

according to Oswald Chambers in My Utmost For His Highest is; "Giving God the best that He has given you." I think I really love that definition. It shows HOW we are to make every deed a sacrifice to Him. The absolute inability to offer anything beautiful, or anything truly good has often discouraged me from even trying to worship my King. The knowledge that there is always a bit of me crying out for self-gratification, forever nagging in my spirit and mind for me to throw myself into self... It makes me doubt my ability to please Him in any way. It makes me wonder if I have ever really given him my best.

But when I do, it pleases Him. When I try, it pleases Him. Once again, He shows me the truth: He loves to hear my praise. More than that, if I do the most menial tasks, the best I can, for Him, it is an act of worship. True worship. The best He has given me, offered back to Him.


Wish I could crash like the waves,
Or turn like the autumn leaves
In effort to praise You.
Wish I could smell like the forest,
The fragrance lifting a mighty chorus,
In effort to praise You;

But I'm such a limited creature,
and my words can only paint so many pictures
But somewhere I think I've read
That I am treasured over all creation
So I know that I must try.

Wish I could roll like the thunder,
To wreathe the earth below in wonder,
In effort to praise You.
Wish I could fall like the summer rain,
Every drop would sing Your name
In effort to praise You;

But I'm such a limited creature,
and my words can only paint so many pictures,
But somewhere I think I've read
That I am treasured over all creation,
So I know that I must try!
I must try!

Gloria, Glory in the highest!
Forever I will hide myself in Thee!
Gloria!
Every breath that I breathe,
Every moment in my history
is an effort to praise You!
Glory in the highest!
Forever I will hide myself in Thee!!
Oh, Gloria
Glory in excelsis deo!!
Gloria!
~GLAD (no, not originally)


And speaking of thunder... tornadoes are awesome...but not quite so fun when your family is scattered all over the planet. Jason is in Springfield, Dad and the boys are in Lebanon, Josh and Tyana are who-knows-where, and etc. :-P the thunder and lightening and wind are here... no rain...yet. There are reports of baseball sized hail... whoa.

This is WEIRD for January.

I think I'm gonna go pop popcorn.

Be safe.

No comments: