Tuesday, March 11, 2008

ahem.

I'm really not very good at it.

Life, that is.

In fact, I'm really rather bad at it.

But that's okay, because He loves me anyway, and it's His life, and if He wants good from it He can make good from it. So there.

************

I can't seem to get everything done that I need to get done on any given day. And it's not like I just don't have time, 'cause I look back on my day and see all the time I wasted, but it didn't feel like I was wasting at the time... So nothing gets done and I get frustrated and start over the next day.

And the next.

And the next.


And all I can do is keep starting over.

*sigh*

My yesterdays don't have to ruin my todays, and my thens don't have to shape my nows... but somehow they do. To get free of what was and live in the Christ that is... THEN we could accomplish things. THEN we could be a continual outpouring of love. THEN we could make a difference, and do something that will last...

But we have to make then a now.

Like...now.


WHOA. Talking myself in circles here. Shutting up.


<><><><><><><><><>


Tonight Mom and Dad took Micah and I out to eat as a reward for memorizing the book of Jude. It's tradition. First reward dinner is usually for the Sermon on the Mount. I got that when I was about 11. Then comes either the book of James or Romans 6-8. I did James. Got that one when I was 14. Then I did a bunch of random stuff. Some Psalms, Philipians (church project so no reward dinner) etc. Then started 1st John last March and ended up switching to Jude. I did Jude in November, and Micah finished it in February. Since it was so small it didn't hardly count, so we just stayed in Marshfield and got Mexican at a little joint that reminds me of Cielito Lindo's in Springfield. It was fun. The waiters were a riot. All of them jabbering away in their half-english half spanish, and trying to be suave... hehe. Cracked me up. I didn't laugh out loud though. I was tempted when a couple came in and the waiter put on a deep voice and called the girl "Senorita". . . which wouldn't have been funny if her dude hadn't looked at him like he'd called her a dirty name.

Hickville. Marshfield is the home of the rednecks... bwahaha. I almost hate it.

But not quite.

See, there's this beautiful little red-brick church that lives here...redeems the whole town by it's presence...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm supposed to go to bed now. I have a lot I need to get done tomorrow. (see, here we go again) And children's choir is starting up again tomorrow evening.
Oh hey! That means we get to have church... Yay! :-) Now just to convince Jason that we need choir practice on Wednesdays too...


♥♪♫♪♥♥♪♫♪♥♥♪♫♪♥♥♪♫♪♥

Good night dear people. Rest in Him. Trust Him.
He makes all things beautiful...in His time.

~Joanna


The smile on your face lets me know that you need me
There's a truth in your eyes sayin' you'll never leave me
The touch of your hand says you'll catch me if ever I fall
You say it best when you say nothing at all

1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

Wow - you've certainly memorized alot! That's fantastic!
How's Colossians coming along?