Thursday, March 6, 2008

Maybe too much music...

A week ago I was deprived. No music anywhere, unless I put in a cd. iPod was dead, and wireless internet wasn't working, so internet radio wasn't working... and Cd's are VERY underused around here, because there's so much perpetual noise that Mom can't generally take music on top of it all. It's understandable... there are 15 of us living in 2200 sq ft, and 8 of us are musicians, and all of us like to sing (good or bad or ugly, doesn't matter) and we none of us move nor speak like mice...

So yeah. It's usually pretty loud.

Now I'm thinking I might be a little overdosed. Two shuffles means that I can rotate and use Becca's here at the house and carry mine with me, and NEVER have to be without one.


Since last Friday I don't think I've been more than 3 hours without music, unless it was to sleep. That's scary. I don't FEEL like I've had too much, but thinking about it makes me wonder...

It's also made me reevaluate how much useless music I have. I mean, entertainment is good and all, but when you've got background music, and half of it is meaningless or in a foreign language then what's the point? It kinda runs your life... living to feel good, living for love, living for Christ...it's all going in, but only one is right...

I've been listening to a LOT more GLAD and the 'Complete In Thee' album, and just turning it off a lot. I'm remaking my iTunes list (not by choice, but because the computer with all my music on it got the hard drive replaced without back-up cd's being made) and I've got a ton more good (truly good, as in pure, lovely, encouraging, Christ centered, etc) music in this one than the last.

Not that I'm throwing out Amici and Groban. lol. Just that I'm weighing down the other side of the scale a little more. :-D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The treadmill outran me tonight. It decided it had had a good day...

Stupid thing.

<><><><><><><><>

There's a devotional I get in my email every day... I don't generally care for it, but today's was sweet:

"My mother was an amazing woman who somehow managed to raise three children who never thought of themselves as deprived. Many happy times and scrumptious meals were enjoyed around our old, scratched, worn and downright ugly dining room table. That dilapidated table made the entire room ugly -- until the day Mama bought the blue tablecloth. As she spread her treasure across that shabby table, an amazing thing happened. Not only did the table look beautiful, the whole room looked better!
"Love is like that, its mere presence transforms the ugliness of life into a beautiful trophy of grace. Love covers the scars of sin. Love heals wounds and eases the pain of the past. We all need to be loved and we all need to love.
"Friend, across your defeats spread the hope of a tiny baby lying in a manger! Across your pain, spread the unconditional love poured out on a cruel cross! Across your doubts and fears, spread the promise of an empty tomb! The love of God covers all and changes everything."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bears are playing Evansville in the Valley Tournament tonight. At the moment we're winning....


********************************


I have to go practice...Federation is day after tomorrow, and tomorrow I'm gonna be in town ALL day. SO, I guess I should quit.

God bless...

and keep...

and carry...

and strengthen...

~Joanna


Here in your room
Where nobody can see
Voices are loud
But seldom clear
But beneath the confusion
That's running so deep
There is a promise you must hear
The love that seems so far away
Is standing very near





1 comment:

Lauren said...

My mom doesn't like having music on, either...even in the car when it's quiet.
btw-I updated our xanga again. :)