The answer seems so very simple: Glorify through loving.
Yet it's somehow a massive question with so many twists and turns that when you overhear parts of one conversation about it, sit in on another, and read the perspectives of two very well known (and not entirely contradicting) authors, then it becomes rather confusing.
You know what? I really don't care what technical definition is the most correctly stated... I know that I've been instructed by the word of God to love Him, thank Him, praise Him, and delight in Him. I know that if I obey Him He will use me to His glory... So I'm gonna love Him, thank Him, praise Him, delight in Him, and
pray that somehow my life brings Him glory, 'cause that's the best I can give...
**************
I love reading Google.com/News. It's waaay better than a newspaper. I can brows a hundred headlines in a second, and I generally read about .3 full articles...
This weekend the Southern Baptist convention declared that they have a "Biblical duty to fight against global warming."
I didn't read that article.
I did read the one about the sheriff in CA who crossed the center line and plowed into a group of four cyclists on a road where thousands of people ride every weekend...he killed two of them.
I feel worse for the officer than the dead cyclists. Nothing like making stupid mistakes and watching people suffer because of them. I'd honestly rather wreck and paralyze myself for life than kill someone else...
It's bad enough to disappoint parents, and crush little kids with unfulfilled expectations, and break hearts by unintentionally misleading them...
Then there was the train in Argentina that smashed a double-decker bus at a rail crossing. 17 people died. 65 injured. In that case the driver of the bus ignored warnings and signs and tried to cross ahead of the train. The bus was cut entirely in half.
I'd rather be the train driver than the bus driver...
Mistakes happen. Some cost more than others...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The family is playing "Fact Or Crap." I missed out on the start 'cause I was in the basement (treadmill decided that it wouldn't go more than 14 min tonight, but I was okay with that. My neck hurt.) So I'm sitting out for tonight. They're having a blast.
So'm I.
Jen Lopez is such a germ-freak that no one is allowed to visit her babies' sterilized nursery without surgical masks and having scrubbed with alcohol based sanitizer. I guess if all my friends were walking around with filthy diseases eating them inside out then I wouldn't want them touching my babies either...
Thank God for Christian friends and family...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I know me well enough to know
whatever this life may show
that the only thing
that's good in me is Jesus.
*********************
Josh and Tyana were here this evening. Josh brought his viola and we played as a quartet for over an hour. It was a blast. Did some wild and deliciously discordant and chaotic Tchaikovsky. oooooh yes.
After the music we all sat around and talked until Josh said "Let's go Babe."
Then we sat around and talked more. Then he said "We need to go now." Then we stood around and talked...
I love them.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The game is packed away, it's late, and I have work to do tomorrow.
Good night.
~Joanna
Long ago and far away
In a land of fairy tales
I met you and was swept away
On a silver sea with dreams for sails.
Night was day
And day seemed right
Everything made sense
Saw it all in a brand new light
But now it's love that's in past tense.
~Jason's original song idea.. long ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment