Tuesday, March 18, 2008

It's a wonderful life.

And I'm running on a happyness high. (insert massive grin that is better than the typical colon/dash/capital 'D')

March tends to do that to me... it's a perpetual party every year. I LOVE it!! Spring is coming, and despite rain (and this week, more and more rain) and clouds the grass is turning green and it's getting warm. Sandals and tee shirts are a must for every day, and an occasional jog through the wet warmth is absolutely delightful.

And there's the birthday factor. Rachel first, then Aaron, Tyana, Grandad (which we remembered even though he's celebrating every moment in the presence of his Precious Lord) then Me, then Jared. (which, btw, his is today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARED!!) So we eat a LOT of sugar, play a LOT of games, get a LOT of phone calls... and my dresser gets to be redecorated with "Wish" and "Blessings" and "We Love You" all on beautiful cards. I LOVE cards. I always leave them on my dresser forever after my birthday. They make me happy. (insert another grin... a little bigger than the last. WHOA, not that big, you're making my face hurt)

Gentle Savior, lead me on.
Let Your Spirit light the way.
Gentle Savior, lead me on.
Hold me close and keep me safe.
Lead me on, Gentle Savior


And Easter. It's not always in March, but I love it when it is. Good Friday has never been a sober event in my mind...it's way too victorious. I can't get Christ's death and resurrection separated in my mind to the point that I can spend more than a few minutes dwelling on His death... the story has a happy ending...let's get to it!! heee. My Jesus is a beautiful Lord, and He is a victorious Lord, and He conquered death, and He is the same yesterday, today, and forever!!

It's also an anniversary. I was baptized on Easter Sunday in 1998. It was an April Easter, but in my eight year old mind the significance was entirely in the fact that it was Easter, and that the water in the Niangua River was *REALLY* cold, and I have no idea what the date was. hehe. It's written down somewhere....

Funny how time changes things...that Easter so long ago... If I'm remembering right than there's only one person outside of my family that attended my baptism that our family is still closely associated with. We had communion there, by the river, and we all sang and prayed...and froze...

Anywho, I've gotta run. Thanks for tuning in. :-D

God bless!

~Joanna Renae


Look at me standing
Here on my own again
Up straight in the sunshine

No need to laugh and cry
It's a wonderful, wonderful life
No need to run and hide
It's a wonderful, wonderful life



1 comment:

Sara N. Smith said...

Your spring sounds like it is a fun, eventful, and way too exciting season!! :)
Happy Easter!