Summer Fresh is selling out their pre-viewed VHS's. I picked up a couple for the kids this afternoon. Got a tape of Jimmy Neutron episodes...That's quality entertainment. The kids have been giggling for the past 40 minutes, as Jimmy has installed nano-chips into his pants so they will put themselves away, drained his brains and turned into a three year old, and tried to sell more candy than the cutest girl in school by inventing a robotic sales-man.
I also got a Veggie Tales for them. Of course, the beautiful and Christ centered lesson on trusting in the Lord no matter what your situation is, through a representation of the story of Esther, is now being sapped away by the mindless jumble of ridiculous situations of a fictional boy with a massive head and insanely tall hair do...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Summer Fresh was also running a sale on cream cheese. So, I made peanut butter cream cheese brownies. They aren't done yet. I kinda made up the recipe. I'm a little scared about the results...
The really cool thing is that because they contain sugar and peanut butter they will be consumed. That's one of the minor benefits of having little siblings. They would eat charcoal if I sprinkled sugar on it...
Jimmy Neutron just invented a "brobot." A mini robot programed to be the perfect little brother. He got sick of him. built him a Mombot and Dadbot and sent them to the moon.
His brobot ate bolts. without the sugar....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The ice is *really* beautiful. It isn't nearly as destructive as it was last year, so it's a lot more enjoyable. Last year we had an awful lot of fun during the storm. It was punctuated by trying to clean without running water, and cook without a stove, but it was fun. The lantern-light evenings were especially delightful. I got a lot of cross-stitching done... come to think of it, that's the last time I've had my stitching out. I think I ended up disassembling the kit...Shows you how devoted I was to it, huh?
I like to cross stitch. But it's like a lot of other things I like to do...I'd rather play piano. lol.
Speaking of piano, I've started lessons. They're awesome. I wasn't so sure at the start, but I'm really loving them. My teacher is very sweet, and super encouraging. I do have to do finger exercises with a metronome, and I do have to slow down my Mozart, but that's a...well...not so small, but worthwhile price to pay for getting good. heehee. I knew that at some point I was gonna have to bite the bullet and get out the Hannon, I'm just glad that I'm doing it with enough coaching that it will profit me.
The two Steinways in her studio also add to the fun.. Though they make it stinking hard to pay attention to the teacher more than the instrument...
I wouldn't have believed it...in fact, I never did believe it that there was THAT much difference between any other high quality piano and a Steinway, but there is. Sungsil said she's gonna give me wings... I think a Steinway could probably give anyone wings...
uh-huh. I'm in love.
----------------------------------------------------
I have to go now. I could probably come up with a lot more things to talk about, some with more meaning, some without any, and some just for the sake of talking...
But I really have to go.
'Sides, the brownies are done.
bubye!
~Joanna
He took my life into his hands and it turned it all around
In my most desperate circumstance
It's there I've finally found
That You are strong enough
That You are pure enough
To break me, pour me out and start again
That You are brave enough
To take one chance on me
Oh Thank You for my chance to start again
1 comment:
He he. My brothers love Jimmy Neutron...
And if I liked peanut butter, I'd say that your brownies sound good! :-D
Post a Comment