Sunday, February 10, 2008

Life moves on...but it will never be the same.
Welcome to the planet...


Ethan has won our hearts. :-) The poor children want to get their hands on him *so* bad, but he's quarantined with the Mommy in her room, so they stand in her doorway and ooh and ahhh over him from a distance.

I think overall the family is on the mend. Benjamin and Jerusha are both improved pretty dramatically over yesterday afternoon, though Leah seems to be getting worse...But overall, there seems to be improvement. I'm *so* glad I'm healthy enough that I've been able to keep a semi-good grip on the house...it deteriorates at an amazing rate with Mommy off limits and Rachel and Daniel down and out. :-P

The meals and groceries that our friends have been flooding us with have been a massive blessing. Cooking and baking have been minimized for the week, giving more time for sitting around with fussy children on your lap... So maybe I'd rather be in the kitchen, but the kids sure appreciate it.


~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~()~

Welcome to existence...

Everybody's here, and everybody's watching...

***************************************


I've had the wonderful oppourtunity the last couple of weeks of catching up with an old friend. I met Lauren at an ATI conference in Knoxville, TN in 2003. We were in the same "squad" of little girls in the COMMIT program. We were the 13-15 set... I thought I was quite grown up... But anyway, we met there, and didn't hear from each other again until a couple months ago when I found a team member list in a box of old scraps. Find a list of names, what do you do? DUH, you search for them on Facebook. lol. So, I found Lauren, and thank the Lord I did so. It's been delightful to "rediscover" her, and communicate again. She's a dear girl, and her love for the Lord simply radiates from her. I'm always super grateful to the Lord when He throws people like her into my life. :-)

She sent me the lyrics to a couple of songs (shock and amazement, a girl Joanna likes that enjoys sharing song lyrics? Who would'a guessed?) that I really loved. I still haven't been able to look up this actual song, because our internet is shockingly moody this afternoon, but here are the lyrics to one I thought particularly adorable:

I remember all the times
the good times and the bad
I'm still holding on to you
some days I wanna run
and times I come undone
but I still belong to you
thats how I know that

when I feel like caving in
my heart my soul is wearing thin
I just want to give up
nothing seems at all to add up
can you hear me Lord?
my face is down upon the floor
its then you whisper in my ear
be still and know I'm here


I see a side of you my friend
the same struggles that I have
my heart goes out to you
I know its hard to feel alone
and this world's so unforgiving
I've been feeling that way too
but I can tell you

Is that you?
Is this me
It's sometimes hard to believe that
I am not alone

its not just you
and not just me
we all need to believe that
we are not alone

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Church this morning was really odd... Josh led songs, Tyana was pianist, Aaron, Nate and I bowed out of playing strings (Aaron because he didn't have his violin with him, Me because I was dead tired, and Nate because that would mean he was the only one playing...) And weirdest of all, Dad wasn't there. Dad's *always* at church...

Also weird was how lopsided the seating was. SIX people on our side of the church: Me, Aaron, Nate, J.B, Mr. Drewry, and Ms. Laura....

And the other side was packed out. lol. It was *so* funny looking, and almost lonely...

but on the other hand, I could see pretty much everyone in the building without looking behind me. that was also an odd feeling....

First verse read caught my attention and held it: Let not your heart be troubled, ye believe in Go, believe in me.... (then, moving on)...And I will pray the Father, and He shall give you the Comforter, that He may abide with you forever.... Peace I leave with you, my Peace I give unto you; not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid..... Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends.....

and etc. I *love* John 14-17....every single time.

====================================


I'm being called. The world is crumbling...

farewell lovelies!!

~Joanna Renae

If you could walk the hallways of my heart
And see things as they really are
I wonder if you might be surprised
Seeing faded walls of pride and fear
Rooms I've filled with faithless tears
And corners where I've stood in compromise
But you'd see the work His grace has done
You'd know just how far I've come
And that the only thing that's good in me is Jesus


No comments: